Gideon and Madel have been missionaries in Africa for 29 years now. The first decade was in the mountain kingdom of Lesotho. While living in a traditional village, both were teachers at a local school. Gideon was the pastor of a Sesotho-speaking congregation at that time. One of the objectives back then was to reach the Basotho shepherds (Badisana) with the gospel.
After further theological studies, the Beukes family moved to Cape Town, South Africa in 2004. Gideon is a faculty member at the Bible Institute of South Africa (BISA), and has served as Vice-Principal since 2014. Madel is a great support in their goal to disciple students for full-time ministry. Since 2018 they are also actively involved at planting a church in a town called Scarborough.
For it is by grace we have been saved, through faith – and this is not from ourselves, it is the gift of God – … Ephes.2:8
Thank you for your care and prayers.
- We praise Jesus Christ for being our Saviour, bearing our burdens daily (Ps. 68:19).
- The Global Covid-19 pandemic has impacted the Bible Institute of South Africa (BISA). Student numbers and finances have dropped. Staff had to be reduced. Pray that the training at BISA will be able to continue. Christ-centred training that change hearts and equip students for godly service in Africa.
- Understanding Islam is one of the courses. Over the past 17 years many were prepared through this course for ministries among Muslims in Africa and else where. Pray for these workers.
- Please pray that we will be faithful as witnesses of Jesus Christ.
- Gideon preaches most Sundays in Scarborough, Cape Town, where he is the pastor of Scarborough Community Church (SCC). We thank and praise God for His church. In 2020, due to the pandemic, SCC were not allowed to use the Community Hall for services. The church is currently praying and looking for a church house. Please pray with us.
- Madel meets, counsels and disciples women on a regular basis. Thank you for praying for her.
Please continue to pray for us as a family to continue faithfully in loving the Lord our God with all our hearts, and with all our souls, and with all our minds. And to love our neighbor as ourselves. We have three adult children, a son- and daughter-in-law, and three grandchildren.
Contact Gideon & Madel at GideonMadel@gmail.com for more information.
If you would like to support Gideon & Madel’s ministry with ARM Ministries please click here.